Thursday, August 26, 2010

Can Man Live Without God?

A favorite book of mine and one that I read early on as I began to really dig deep into what it is I believed about the claims of Christ, who God is, and what does He want with me was titled "Can Man Live Without God" by Ravi Zacharias.  In this book he details the very foundations of our existence founded in truth and that truth is verifiable.  It's an interesting question.  So often our conversations are driven towards does God exist, how do we know, etc. but maybe the real question is can man live without God?  As we look around the world and we see natural disasters that are devestating, leaders who are corrupt, sin being lived out in front of us I am reminded of the fact that I cannot live without God; nor can any man.  We need God.  We need forgivenees.  We need the hope that the cross has covered our sin.  Aren't you glad that we can test and see that God is there and that in Him is found ALL truth.